Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden will reopen on Monday, 3 August 2020. Following the announcement by the Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, all national botanical gardens are set to open on Monday. However, the gardens will be open solely for outdoor exercise.
In line with Level 3 regulations, Kirstenbosch has implemented strict health protocols. We encourage everyone to work together to keep Kirstenbosch open. Kirstenbosch Garden and associated Estate will enforce the following:
• Screening and contact tracing will be done upon entry
• The wearing of masks in public is mandatory, no mask, no entry
• Visitors will be expected to wear masks at all times in Kirstenbosch
• Picnicking and gathering in social groups are not allowed
• Physical distancing measures will be strictly enforced
• The use of kiddies jungle gym is prohibited
• Limitations of visitor numbers may be imposed
The Kirstenbosch Tea Room, Moyo Kirstenbosch Restaurant, Garden Centre, Bookshops and Giftshops are open. The layouts have changed to reduce the number of customers, and all patrons are required to wear masks, except while eating and drinking.