The Stellenbosch University (SU) Open Day is the ideal opportunity for Grade 11 and 12 learners to gain valuable information on studying at higher education institutions.
- The Open Day will take place on Saturday, 24 February from 08:30 to 16:00 at the Stellenbosch and Tygerberg campuses.
“The beauty of an Open Day is that you can interact directly with University staff. In this way, you can find out exactly what you need to know about the various fields of study, as well as the support services the University offers,” says Magdel Pretorius, project manager at SU’s Centre for Student Recruitment and Career Advice (CSR).
Visitors can obtain information on career choices, financial assistance, student fees, residence placement, accommodation and student life, while the Student Affairs Division in Bosman Street will provide information on housing on the Stellenbosch Campus as well as the various opportunities available to students making use of private accommodation.
Learners interested in High Performance Sport can also interact with the Maties Sport student athletes and sport managers on the Rooiplein.
“New on the programme this year is a special invitation to the next generation of Maties to write their wishes for the future on a ‘Dream Wall’ on the Rooiplein,” invites Pretorius.
Visitors are encouraged to start at the welcoming tent in front of the Conservatorium in Victoria Street. Complete information on day’s programme and information sessions is available here, while information officers deployed all over campus will also assist visitors.
Topics of the information sessions include:
- Applying for admission and residence placement
- Financial assistance
- How tog o choose a course of study
- Student Support (including students with special learning needs)
- Language Support
- Safety on Campus
Register for Open Day
Learners are encouraged to register for the Open Day. Prospective students can also book for lunch in a SU residence at a cost of R60 pp as well as for transport to the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences on the Tygerberg Campus. Register at: http://bit.ly/2ncjqDw
What not to miss:
- Visit maties.com for the complete Open Day programme with times and venues or phone 021 808 9111 or an e-mail to [email protected].
- In the light of the water crisis in the Western Cape we encourage those attending the Open Day to please bring their own bottled water for personal consumption.